Pancakes…a breakfast staple. With Blueberry Syrup they are even better, especially with a dollop of Greek yoghurt (a controversial addition).
Pancakes with Blueberry Syrup
Serves: 8 pancakes
- 30g unsalted butter, melted
- 225g plain flour
- 2 heaped teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 300ml milk
- 2 eggs
- 125ml maple syrup
- 200g blueberries
- Place flour, baking powder and caster sugar in a large bowl and mix together with a balloon whisk. Make a well in the middle and add the milk and eggs and whisk until smooth and well combined. Add melted butter and stir until all mixed together.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan and smear with a small amount of butter. Spoon small amounts of mixture into pan, so that pancakes are about 15cm in diameter. You can make what ever size you like, but at 15cm you get around 2 pancakes for 4 people. Turn the pancakes when small bubbles start to appear on the surface, and cook for a couple of minutes on the other side.
- Put the maple syrup and blueberries in a small saucepan, bring to the boil and then simmer for 2 - 3 minutes or until the blueberries have broken down slightly.